Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dutch Baby

I looked for a 'different' kind of pancake recipe to make for my Shrove Tuesday supper, and found this version of Dutch Baby on a Martha Stewart video, via Huff Post.






This made a good man sized one dish supper. Would probably do for two at lunch or as one component of a larger meal.

While preheating oven to 425, and preheating cast iron fry pan on the stove.... mix in a blender 3 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar (I used Stevia substitute), 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla.

Melt 2 tsp butter in the pan, remove from stove, pour in the batter and put in the oven for 20 minutes.

I didn't have any trouble getting this out of the pan onto a plate in one piece. ('cuz my pan is well seasoned)

Sprinkle with fresh squeezed lemon and sugar (me again with the Stevia). I also grated a little zest from the lemon.

This was REALLY good! Kind of a three way cross between a pancake, a crepe, and a Yorkshire Pudding. The quick n' easy part is really good too.

My friend Abby (maple syrup maker at the farmers' market) makes Maple Sugar that I usually have on hand to sprinkle on fresh fruit - I ran out last week - would have definitely used instead of Stevia for the sprinkle part.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE a German oven pancake--one of my favorite go to recipes for a fast easy comfort food meal.

    ReplyDelete