Friday, January 2, 2015

Calm before the storm


The sheep are enjoying a brisk sunny morning, mulling about outside, casually munching their hay. Yesterday was blustery and bitter cold and they preferred to lounge around in the barn.

It seems there is a nasty system on its way to our area - warming up with heavy snow turning to ice and freezing rain, followed by a plummet in temperatures and back to heavy snow again.

I think I'll make like the sheep today and spend some time outdoors (on my snowshoes) ahead of hunkering down during the next blast.

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot more snow than we have! I took the opportunity to empty the ash pail today. It's one of those messy chores we pawn off on another. Normally I'm in knee-high snow, but we have just a light dusting outside. We did have a good dump mid-December, but all melted. I'm enjoying this winter so far!

    We'll see what that front has in store for the coming weekend. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete