Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lambs 2014

Here are a few of the 2014 lambs that I'm thinking of retaining:


This little gal (and her identical twin sister) as likely keepers. I don't have any grey fleeced Shetlands in the flock and these would  be dandy. I'm not yet sure if the colour will remain as shown. The legs and underbelly have already darkened some since birth.





And this tan coloured lassy would be another welcome addition.



I also like the look of these twin brothers. I don't have any wethers in the Shetland flock. While wethers don't contribute to lamb sales on a farm, their fleeces are much larger and typically stronger as they don't have the seasonal stresses or demands of reproduction/lactation on their bodies if female, or in rutting amongst males.



No comments:

Post a Comment