Saturday, March 22, 2014

Fortissima Vino Jacquard

Here's a reprise of one of my favourites from Schoeller and Stahl: Fortissima Socka Mexiko Color - Vino #9042; 420m/100g; 75% Wool 25% Nylon



This was introduced several years ago and then brought back after great cries and gnashing of teeth when it was discontinued. I don't know if they are still putting it out, but when it came back the second time I wasn't taking any chances and grabbed more than my share.

This pair is size Large, knit with the 72 cylinder and 36 ribber on the Verdun 47.



These are regular above the ankle length socks.

I have a pair myslef, a few years old now, that are knee socks. I wear them over my jeans (used to have a pair of XC ski knickers but they don't seem to make them anymore,that I've seen) in winter for cross country skiing and snow shoeing. They've got a lot of miles on them, been through the washing machine a zillion times, and even the dryer from time to time. No pilling, and, so far, no thin spots.

A good sturdy sock yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment