Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Mohair by Lee Hynes


Here is some mohair blend lace weight yarn I bought on a fall studio tour, at the picturesque mohair farm and studio of Lee Hynes, near Markdale ON.

This beautiful yarn is 60% Mohair 40% Wool, hand dyed by Lee in her studio.550 yds/100g.

I'm not sure if this will work for socks but it is so beautiful I decided to give it a try and see what happens.


I knit this skein on the 72 cylinder concurrently with a strand of lycra to add elasticity and boost the strength. I also knit wooly nylon in the heels and toes. I used a 1x1 rib top followed by 5x1 rib on the leg and instep.

I like how they turned out and these will be a Christmas gift for DW. It remains to be seen what the durability will be with such a delicate yarn, but DW will give them a good test drive. If it all works out, then there will be 3 more pair to make. (If not, maybe a few scarves.)



No comments:

Post a Comment